Our Mission is to provide our customers with fast-
Our dispatch center in downtown Rochester is staffed 24 hours a day, and never closes. We are conveniently located one block north of Civic Center drive on the corner of Broadway Avenue and 5th Street.
Taxi Fares are controlled by the City of Rochester.
- $3.75 Flag Drop 1st 1/8th mile
- $2.25 for the 1st 1/8th mile
- $2.25 each mile thereafter
- Waiting time is $0.39 per minute (or $23.40 per hour)
- Translation: Your can travel 1 mile in a taxicab for approximately $4.20. Each additional mile is $2.25
- Rochester airport is typically $23 to/from downtown Rochester
- Minneapolis airport is off-
meter at $145.00
- Amtrak Depot in Winona, MN is $119.25 off-meter
- Treasure Island Resort & Casino is $100.00 off-meter
We offer non-emergency medical transportation for ambulatory passengers. Ask our representative for details.
What makes Med City Taxi unique? Rochester is one of the only cities in the United States requiring taxi drivers be employees and the cabs company owned and operated. Cab drivers are covered under Minnesota Workman’s Compensation Insurance and paid on a commission basis. Drivers are given special training in defensive driving techniques, hospitality and customer service training. Drivers are subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing, background checks, and driving record checks- ensuring a safe and competent person behind the wheel. Furthermore, taxis are inspected daily, and maintained by our in-house mechanics and detailers. We use an advanced, computer-aided dispatch system using telematics, that can discern the closest taxicab to the pickup location by gps, and automatically send the trip to the cab.
But even with the most sophisticated technology, it is out employees who truly make the difference..